This job is no longer available.
Please use the jobs search form in the left column of this page.
German Debt Collection Officer
-Are you proficient in both written and spoken German and English?
-Do you have experience with customer databases?
-Do you have previous experience in customer service?
Our Client is a private credit institution that operates under, the European Union banking regulatory framework and has two lines of products, card/store value and micro-lending. It also offers prepaid card affiliated with the MasterCard network.
The Debt Collection Officer is responsible for reaching out to German customers with the aim of reminding them of their upcoming loan repayment date, collecting payments from overdue loans or negotiating other debt repayment options and advising customers of further outcomes of non-payment of loan.
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of service at all times.
- Read, interpret, apply and comply with laws, rules, regulations, company policies, procedures and instructions as required.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills while initiating outbound and receiving inbound calls.
- Consistently, efficiently, and lawfully contact consumers by different communication means regarding collection and recovery of outstanding consumer accounts.
- Prepare notifications to secure payment, explain penalties, interest, deadlines, and consequences for failure to comply.
- Obtain and evaluate financial information for the purpose of negotiating re-payment terms and methods with debtors by form of payment in full, settlement and/or payment plan.
- Follow up on promise to pay and payment commitment accounts to ensure a positive resolution and client satisfaction.
- Perform skip-tracing techniques using various tools and databases when needed to find additional customer contact information.
- Handle each account activity promptly and in the correct manner, updating customer related records in the Bank's data base accordingly.
- Consistently and accurately document all information pertaining to customer's accounts in the Bank's data base.
- Meet monthly collection goals as assigned by the manager.
- Support additional consumer service requests.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate should be energetic, empathetic, and must have a positive attitude.
- She/he should be persistent and assertive with a competitive nature.
- Communication skills are key in this position, including all active listening, speaking and negotiation.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent German and English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to negotiate while maintaining a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Problem solving skills and ability to maintain composure with difficult or irate customers.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills including use of MS Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, electronic communication, and Internet browsing.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction and to identify exceptions, attention to detail, initiative and high standard of work.
- A level or equivalent standard of education.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a related role is preferred.
- Experience with Customer Database preferred.
- Knowledge of basic business mathematics.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Debt Collection
- Customer Database