Be one of the first candidates to apply
Netherlands » Amsterdam
LocalEyes is recruiting a full time, in-house, Dutch translator to localise IT and Marketing content. The candidate must have native proficiency in both written and spoken Dutch while also possessing fluency in English and a passion for languages more generally.
For this role you will be working as part of a dynamic team in an international environment. The role is in a fast paced and demanding production environment, with potential for multiple changes in project priorities. The role demands creativity but successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Specific responsibilities to include marketing and IT translations, linguistic review and QA, checking of terminology consistency through the management of TMs, glossaries and style guides to guarantee the quality of deliverables plus some project management.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven editorial and or journalistic skills and will be up-to-date with language and terminology trends
- Extensive experience in marketing translation of mass media at a localisation agency, advertising/PR agency, production company, corporate marketing communications department, publishing company or similar
- Knowledge of Mac and iPhone technologies a distinct advantage
- A degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation or similar
- IT skills with knowledge and experience of SDL Studio and CAT tools
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A quality-driven and detail oriented approach with an understanding how to deliver quality creative copy and its impact
- 2-5 years experience in the localization of consumer communications for a major IT account or global, high-end luxury retail brands
LocalEyes is a leading provider of Localisation Services to the international computer and software sectors, with European headquarters established in Cork since 1998. Our client is a leading telecom product and software provider in the mobile and personal computing space and offers a competitive salary and a multicultural and diverse work environment.