This job is no longer available.
To see other similar jobs, please click here!
German Language Specialist - Booking.com
For our Global Translations Department, we are currently looking for a German Language Specialist.
This is a full time position based at our Berlin office.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the German version of Booking.com’s products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong commercial feel which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of Booking.com’s products. You take action to support Booking.com, providing its customers with a product of the highest standard of quality.
- Create commercial, localized content for the German market;
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English into German for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the German market;
- Maintain the quality of the German version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to German-speaking customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
The hiring company Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Germany. Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is looking for a Language Specialist - German. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of English and German;
- Experience in translating and/or writing commercial texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
Instructions For The Application Process
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, as well as respond to the questions in the application form in English.
- As part of the application process, we would like to ask you to complete an online test via Harver. Please make sure to respond to the translations questions in the test in German.
- In your motivation letter we would like to understand what inspired you to apply for this position, where you feel you could add value and why you feel this role is a perfect match!
Find out more about the role by checking these links:
- A day in the life of a Language Specialist
- Why aren’t Language Specialists just translators
- Business English
- Fluent In German