[ More from SpotOn Connections ]
Be one of the first candidates to apply
Master or MBA
Czech Republic » Prague
The Service Desk is a functional unit made up of a dedicated number of staff who are responsible for dealing with a variety of service events, often made via telephone calls, emails, web interface, chat, or automatically reported infrastructure events.The Service Desk is a single point of contact for all Customers on a day-by-day basis, handling all Incidents and Service Requests. Using specialist software tools to log and manage such events, delivering a high percentage of first line fix/fulfilment.
The primary aim of the Service Desk is restore the 'normal service' to the Customers as quickly as possible, this could involve resolving a technical issue, or fulfilling a service request or answering a query, ensuring best in class communication throughout the lifecycle of the issue/request.
The Service Desk Engineer will provide first line technical support to customers across an international base. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with a variety of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) portfolio of products and services, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution/fulfilment of customer incidents/requests, which may range from straightforward to more complex technical requirements. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
* Logging all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
* Providing first-line investigation and diagnosis using approved tools, systems and procedures.
* Resolving/fulfilling incidents/service requests that are in scope
* Technical Escalations - escalating incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved/fulfilled within agreed timescales, or are out of Service Desk/1st Line scope, to the next level technical team which may include 3rd Parties or other non- Assurance functions.
* Engaging and arranging external technical support where hands and eyes support are required on-site.
* Following-up with external technical support organisations including 3rd parties until incident/request resolution/fulfilment.
* Managerial Escalations - escalating incidents/service requests that are at risk of failing or have failed agreed SLAs/OLAs, or that are out of scope, which may include 3rd Parties or internal roles (e.g. Service Manager, Account Manager).
* Keeping customers informed of progress.
* Owning incidents/requests from ticket creation to resolution/fulfilment/closure.
* Closing all resolved/fulfilled incidents/requests and other queries.
* Communication with customers - keeping them informed of incident/request progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
* Ensure the Configuration Management System (CMS) is maintained/updated.
* Maintain an exceptional level of customer service during any engagements with Customers/3rd Parties/Internal Teams.
* Ensure communication at all times is clear, concise, meaningful, professional and efficient.
* Provide feedback to appropriate Line Manager on how the Service Desk and supporting functions can improve.
* Identify need for Problem Management for reoccurring Incidents/Events.
* Understanding of and familiarity with Customers' services and solutions.
* Compliance with Service Operations processes (Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Change Management, and Problem Management) and associated metrics (SLAs/OLAs/KPIs/other metrics).
* Actively participate as required in meetings (customer, 3rd party, internal).
* Conducting customer satisfaction call backs/surveys as agreed.
* Coach/guide 'Service Desk Engineer - Junior' and 'Service Desk Analyst'.
* Act as delegate for 'Service Desk Engineer - Senior'.
* Act as technical escalation gate for 'Service Desk Engineer - Junior'.
* Higher First Line Fix/Right First Time than 'Service Desk Engineer - Junior'.
* MS Office - Intermediate (must).
* Awareness of ITSM tools (Siebel, Remedy, ServiceNow, Clarify, HEAT) (must).
* 1 year experience in Customer Service/Contact Centre/Help Desk/Service Desk role (must).
* 1 year in a process driven organization (must).
* Experience working in a multi-cultural/international environment (desirable).
* Experience in fault diagnosis/troubleshooting and fulfilling requests (must).
* General ICT industry understanding (must).
* Awareness and understanding of process framework(s)
* ITIL Foundation/ITIL Operations (desirable).
* High School Degree in IT related discipline (must).
* BSc/BA Degree in ICT/Telecommunications/Business Administration or similar discipline (either complete or in-progress) (must).
* CCENT knowledge, Network+ or equivalent (complete or in-progress) (must).
* Awareness/understanding of optical technologies (desirable).
* Understanding of Cisco/Juniper hardware/software - routers/switches.
* Awareness/understanding of Unified Conferencing products (video, Skype for Business) (desirable).
* Awareness/understanding of of Hosting and Security products (desirable).
* CE/CPE role understanding (desirable).
* Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP (OSI) model and routing protocols (must).
* Understanding the basic functions of the following protocols: DNS, DHCP, IPv4, TCP/UDP, VPN, VLANs (must).
* Experience with Cisco/Juniper OS on CLI using show commands to troubleshoot issues (must).
* Knowledge and understanding of different types of common WAN connections (must).
* English - fluent (mandatory)
Master or MBA
Be one of the first candidates to apply