This job is no longer available.
To see other similar jobs, please click here!
Learning & Development Specialist SMB SALES; Limerick
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The COE Learning & Development Specialist for SMB sales empowers sales representatives through strong training and continued developmental support. The right candidate for the Learning & Development Specialist position is a subject matter expert and a true leader, inspiring others on the team to hone a deep passion for negotiating and closing new partnerships for Uber Eats. The Learning & Development Specialist will spend dedicated time with new account representatives from both SMB inside sales and field teams, sharing their coaching skills and Uber expertise to create a magical learning experience for new team members. Utilizing their on the ground sales experience, this candidate will help create strong, up to date content and impactful learning experiences for new and continuing Uber education.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders, driver partners, couriers, eaters etc. alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different sales strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy to partner restaurants, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to questions over email.
- A Skilled Presenter. You’re able to engage a class, keep attention, and focus on adult learning techniques to drive attention and retention.
- Passionate. You love Uber. You are driven by helping others and being on the front-lines of a highly, fast-growing brand.
- Agile. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information with ease. You’re ready to get in front of a class at a moment’s notice.
- A leader. The team looks to you for guidance on difficult or complex issues. They are inspired by your passion for helping others and your dedication to doing the right thing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Utilize the ADDIE model to address the site training needs as well as reaching out to other stakeholders for input e.g. SMB sales manager, sales enablement team, Sales Team Leads, Comm Ops Managers, L&D Manager
- Closely partner with the Uber EATS Sales enablement team
- Run quarterly Learning needs analysis to understand priorities and how they tie in to business goals
- Coordinate and/or deliver the new hire training when required
- Ensure that all training requests are executed to a high standard and measured
- Ensure all training requests are responded to within 24 - 48 hours
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of training using the kirkpatrick model
- Oversee the training of our COE sales operations ensuring Uber’s training approach is held to a high standard
- Ensure all trainings adopt a blended learning approach
- Support your Line of Business by spending a small portion of your time doing inside sales to stay up to date with any policy, process and/or tool changes.
- Conduct sanity checks on all training materials before roll out to ensure Uber training standards have been met
- Support sales agent development by running soft skills training to enhance continuous learning e.g. either product specific material or product agnostic
- Onboard trainers and conduct train-the-trainer sessions as well as supporting them in their role both on-site and on other locations where we have field and inside sales teams
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions and videos
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our Key-Point Indicators by liaising with our Quality & Content teams
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Very strong communications skills and stakeholder management
- Excellent time management with strong understanding of setting priorities
- Ability to organize and implement structure
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to look at training in a business sense and understand ROI in training
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely flexible and can work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and use solution oriented practices
- Empathetic and good sense of negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative and see tasks from end-to-end
- A “getting things done” attitude is a must
- 2-3 years of training experience in a sales environment, B2B SMB sales is a strong plus, preferably past experience in both inside and field sales
- Experience in public speaking, training, mentoring and supporting agents on the floor or in the field
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge & application of the full Google Suite
- Willingness to travel
NICE TO HAVE
- Video editing experience e.g. screencast, screenflow
- Photoshop and/or design e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, PIXLR
- Team Management/ Leadership