Guest Blog feature:
Today's article is written by Malika Remili, a certified career and vocation coach based in London who coaches professionals from all across Europe, particularly those who are looking for job opportunities in London. Here's what she has to say:
As a Career coach, I have been talking and listening to hundreds of individuals from all backgrounds who are looking for work. As a result, I have made few observations with regards to the extraordinary courage and wisdom someone need when enduring a job research:
- Regardless of the type of job you are looking for, you have to put yourself out there and convince the potential employer that you have the right qualities and skills set for the job. In other word, you have to “sell”.
- Most of us don’t like rejection and our natural instinct is not to put ourselves into situations where we regularly experience rejection. Unfortunately, this is what typically happens when you look for a job...
- As a consequence, looking for a job takes a lot of emotional and psychological energy, hence why so many people procrastinate…
- Additionally, the process of applying for jobs and repeatedly being turned down feeds negative thinking which doesn’t serve the pursuit of results …
Success in finding work is not a matter of “chance” as many seem to believe. Those who are successful in securing a job do tend to engage in patterns such as perseverance and discipline but above all, they tend to have a support system to turn to for encouragement and advice.
Likacoaching (www.likacoaching.com) offers this support, and we believe that in order to be successful in your job search, you need 3 essential ingredients:
Substance to make the content of your resources consistent and appealing i.e. skillset, CV, LinkedIn, SEO…
Eloquence to get you to come across in a positive way when dealing in English in London i.e. Interviews, networking, personal image…
Reach to guide you into being strategic and tactical in your job market approach i.e. companies, recruitment agencies, job search engines…
Likacoaching organize regular group coaching and workshops that cover the 3 above ingredients.
The workshops are designed to follow through your entire job research journey. They are generally limited to 6 attendees so that the coach can provide bespoke advise to each participants. It also provides the space to share information and meet other job seekers.
- Write a Winning CV
- Job Search Strategy
- Improve Your Networking Skills
- Interview Skills Bootcamp
- Make a Good First Impression
- Articulate Your Self-Introduction (i.e. elevator pitch)
Each session lasts 2 hours and are usually held during the weekends.
We also organize full-day workshops and networking events.
For one-to-one coaching, we offer outstanding packages, you can contact Malika for more information- Tel: 07810384868 - Email: [email protected]
WORKSHOPS DETAILS AND REGISTRATIONS:
CONSULT OUR BLOG FOR ARTICLES ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
Jan 20, 2015 by The ELJ Team
Build a good online profile in our job board and be more attractive to recruiters. Gain points to be more visible and find your dream job!