We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as a
Senior Demurrage Negotiator
The Demurrage Team (part of Oil Operations) provide an outstanding service to T&S GOE and the Fuels Value Chains (FVC’s) for handling demurrage and shipping related ancillary charges. We are experts for vessels and barges in the calculation and payment of freight, calculation and negotiation of demurrage claims, calculation and negotiation of related shipping costs such as deviation, detention, port costs etc., and the interpretation of the contract clauses to minimize exposure to claims wherever possible.
In this role You will:
- Support Team Leader to develop capability, including recruitment, mentoring and training.
- Handles a portfolio of claims in a detailed way to ensure timebars are not missed, meaningful responses are provided to counterparties, rigorous negotiation is undertaken, and claims are closed in a timely manner.
- Actively assist in the design and development of the systems that the business will be implementing for future benefit of the group.
- Calculation, preparation, verification of freight, contract shipping expenses and demurrage claims/invoices in accordance with oil trading contracts, general terms and conditions and charterparty terms.
- Investigation and collation of the facts and data gathered from Traders, Operators, Charterers, Legal and Tax Advisors in order to fully assess each individual demurrage claim.
- Negotiation of disputes with Group companies or Third parties
- Hold commercial relationships and manage complex negotiations with external counterparties to maximise value recovery and advance bp’s interests.
- Appropriately assigned costs to relevant benches to ensure accurate profits and losses are reflected, collaborating with Settlement Analysts and Commodity Risk to ensure this is done in a correct and timely manner.
- Provide commercial assistance to the oil and ship operators, oil traders and ship charterers.
- Ensure lines of communication with key stakeholders are maintained and utilised as required.